Sunday, June 15, 2008

What Do You Get?

What do you get when you have 8 kids on summer vacation? Something to do, in case you are bored.

Lexi and Emylie have to earn money for YW camp. I already paid it but they are paying us back. They took Claire and sat at the nearest stop sign corner with a lemonade stand. From 10:30-5:00 they made about $70 bucks. The cost is $75 each (with the church paying over 2/3 of the cost--but they are staying in air conditioned cabins). They leave on Tuesday. (They are getting totally gyped these days.) So I spent all day running in and out of the house replenishing supplies: ice, cups, lemonade, change. I also had to pick up Isaac who just got done with scout camp and get groceries for this crew.

Mike picked up a prescription for Claire's strep throat between all his activities. He started the morning fairly early by meeting a home inspector friend of his look at one of the houses we are considering. He found out that it is more work than expected--which is to be expected. When he got home he helped a friend work on his car--a Corvair which is being kept in our driveway. Then, while they were at it, they jacked up his car and found out that the rack and pinion were about to go out on it. We decided that rather than fix it, we are going to get another car.Then Mike went out to help another friend take an engine out of his car. We did not really see him much on his day off.

I finally found Isaac's old cub scout shirt for Andrew and bought one for Mikey, so I have been sewing all the stinkin' little patches on--by hand. They start Day Camp on Tuesday as well

This morning all of us were all together at church for the first time in I don't know how long. Last week we almost made it, but Mike had to work. Because it was Father's day, he was sure to go with us. I made him an omlette and gave him the big 3+ oz. Kenneth Cole Black cologne. I have wanted to get him that for a long time and I finally found it at a great price--1/2 what they ask for on the Kenneth Cole website. He left church, though, after the main meeting though because Claire and Emylie gave him strep for Father's Day. He has not left the bed since then except to go to the bathroom. He has a fever of 103.5. I am not looking forward to sleeping next to him. Poor guy.

I am also not looking forward to getting up in the morning for summer school. Isaac would normally be able to get himself up and get there, but it is at a different school--not in skateboarding distance. I have really enjoyed being able to sleep in this week. That's probably the only reason I'm surviving. Amelia has slept through the night for three nights in a row, but Anastasia has been up and fussy. From 5:30 to 8 is my best sleep time. Waking up at 6:30 makes that impossible.

*sigh* I guess that's just what you get.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

It sounds like you could be dealing with strep for a LONG time at your house. Will the doctor give you prescrips for everyone? I have had a few doctors do that for me. With so many of you, you could spend the whole summer with someone sick like that. I hope not though for your sake. I didn't mean to get all depressing on you.

How long is Isaac's summer school? my girls will be done on July 3. But that means they have 3 hours of one class everyday. For Amber she is taking a PE class and she is Soooo sore. Could you imagine having 3 hours of PE a day? I guess you get in really good shape for the summer.

The Woodward Family said...

Wow! Busy lady!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! Good luck with everything!