Thursday, June 12, 2008

And Another Thing

I did not mention that I took Emylie to the Doctor 2 days ago--I might have commented on someone else's blog to that effect. She has strep throat. She is on day 3 of antibiotics and doing much better.

Claire on the other hand got out of bed for the first time today at 9:00 this evening. She had a bowl of cereal, read scriptures with us, and went back to bed. The twins have terrible runny noses. I hate that. Gives me flashbacks. My pediatrician, however is out for the week. She is pregnant--dont know if that has anything to do with her absence.

I took Mikey and Lexi to the dentist this morning. Isaac (and the babies, of course) is the only one who hasn't been seen. Lexi is the only one so far who is totally clean--no cavities. Mikey made up for it on the other hand, by having 5 baby teeth that are so decayed that they aren't worth saving. Extraction is the recommended and urgent course, before those teeth rot out the rest of his mouth. Then he needs 2 fillings. I guess he has super weak enamel, because he had 7 extracted when he was a toddler. The only real issue here is that the insurance covers less than 1/4 of the cost. We can split the remainder with his mom, but that still a significant expense. What can you do?

I talked to Devanie this afternoon as well. She wanted someone to talk to Zack while they were waiting in the ER. He has had an unbreakable fever of 102-104 since yesterday. We talked about his Thomas the Train happy sticker and Hoo! Hoo! He fell asleep while Dev and I talked. Hope he is doing better soon.

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

That is no fun for everyone.
We all better get well soon. It is summer vacation, darn it. It is time to play, not lay in bed and feel like crap.

Get well, and good luck on the teeth problem. I have been pretty lucky in the cavity and teeth issues. We just have really crooked teeth but they are healthy teeth.