Sunday, June 08, 2008

Tense

I am a really laid-back person in my older age. I like to have a full day a few times a week. Even when I am really busy, it is my choice and I don't mind it. Right now however, I am not especially busy, but I am feeling really tense and not able to do the things that are required of me at this time. By the middle of this week we are hoping to put in an offer on a house, though we have not decided on one yet. All the kids are here for this week except for Isaac who is leaving at 4am for scout camp, which I have to wake up for in less than 5 hours, not including any waking up that the babies require of me. The girls are going to YW camp next week and the 2 little boys to cub day camp. I do not have everything ready that they need.

I don't feel overwhelmed or anything, I just feel tense. My future is too much in limbo. There are a bunch of little details to take care of on a few fronts, but none of it is hard. I guess I just don't want to have to be the one to do it. Maybe I can get to sleep.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

I know that feeling you are talking about. It is frustrating.
Wow you have YW camp early. I suppose that is due to the heat there? Ours is in August. They do that so all the summer school girls don't miss out though. It can be pretty chilly in June still. Like it is this year.

Good luck on the house stuff.

Janika said...

Yeah, we already have95 degree heat with the crappy humidity. Even at that, the girls are sleeping in cabins with A/C. I would say that is weak and not camping, but this is Texas, not the beautiful Sierras.

Arizona Arnolds said...

I wouldn't worry about the heat as much as the ticks and rain. Every year I went to YW camp (in Texas) it rain at least half the time and our towels, clothes, bedding never dried. Oh the sweet memories of camp. That is the enviroment where they truely feel the Spirit without sitting on a pew in church.