Saturday, June 21, 2008

TEETH!!



I was playing eat my hand with Amelia and as she brought my fingers to her mouth, I felt a jagged little tooth! She is five months and one week old. They have been fussy and drooly so I expected them to show teeth before too long. Still! I think the earliest any of my other babies cut a tooth was 6 months--Emylie I believe. Andrew took the longest at the end of 8 months, I think. The other two were somewhere in the middle.

Anastasia was sleeping, but I gently slipped my finger along her bottom gum and felt not one, but two teeth!! They were not as high up as Amelia's one, but I would say they have about the same amount of tooth above the surface.

For the past week I have been back in the mode of: these two are so different they must be fraternal, but to hit that kind of milestone at exactly the same time puts me back on the identical path. Besides that, the past two days they look totally alike again.

The pictures are a month or so old, but I figured you might want to see them.

Oh, and I did not get to sleep in on my one sleep in day because Anastasia wanted to be up at 6:30

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

Most of my girls were close to a year old and eating real food before they cut their teeth. Maybe that is why they have such healthy teeth, I don't know. That was probably why some of them were able to nurse so long as well. But man they still had teething symptoms with no results for a long time. Good luck to you there.

Your twins really remind me of Shylyns(sp?) baby pictures sometimes.