Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just Getting Started

Last night around 7:30 the urgency of everything that needed to be done hit me, so before 11pm I managed to do 4 haircuts, finish getting secret sister gifts together, spoon feed two babies, get Mikey to help me cook dinner, (chili dogs, thank you) cycle through the last 3 out of 7 loads of laundry I'd done that day so everyone would have the clothes they needed, go to Wal Mart and get an extra water bottle, band-aids, a camp journal, head cover, and an anniversary present for my husband with $16 in change made at the girls' lemonade stand. I came back, put the babies to bed, ate my dinner, and helped the girls with the thousand miscellaneous tidbits they have to do to get packed and ready. I took a shower, talked to my husband for a minute and fell soundly asleep.

The babies woke up together at 3. I let the one cry long enough to wake up her sister so I could get it all done. Then my alarm clock went of at 6:30. I had to help find neckerchief slides, pack lunches, find non-paper lunch bags, find boy's jeans (in the garage) and review checklists. While I was at it I found a whole backpack full of wet clothes from Boy Scout camp!!

Mike had to be at a client meeting at 9:00, but he was able, at least, to take Isaac to summer school because it was on the way. I had to get the girls to the stake center at 7:30 and the boys to our chapel at 7:50. This is not Utah, so there was a 15 minute drive between them all--In theory. We just changed stakes, so I have never been to the stake center. I could not find the street that was written on the directions I had received. I drove around for a long time trying to find it and get back to where I could look for it since it was off of a 1-way access road. I never did find it, but I thought there might be a chance to make the cub scout carpool. They were now 1/2 hr late, but I got a call from the Cub leader asking where we were, and told them we were on the way and sorry for the delay.

I went home to get contact numbers for the YW leaders to see if I could catch them somewhere or if I was going to have to drive the girls to camp myself. Camp is not horribly far away at a little over an hour south of here. Fortunately, though, I was able to catch them. I came home, ate breakfast, fed babies, uploaded video to my computer, (don't expect to see any of it) and took a nap while it was transferring.

Now I have to put on a bra and go pick up Isaac from summer school. I am loving summer vacation.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary to the love of my life. Hopefully I can tidy up my bedroom and fold all that stinking laundry today. Oops now I'm late for picking up Isaac. The bra stays off.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

How many kids did you wind up with after all that? I have been down to 3 most days so far and that can be quite peaceful.

Don't ya just love that? 5 kids put me under. I can't imagine chasing with 8. I am SOO glad sometimes that I don't have the scout stuff to deal with too.

So good luck on it all to you!

The Woodward Family said...

Whew....did you "breathe" through that anywhere?

Your post made me LOL.

Arizona Arnolds said...

Happy anniversary! Two good years, two great little ones, forever to go! Love you guys :)

DLonna said...

Janika,

I found your blog through Allison Hepworth's.

I don't know how you do it all! No wonder you're such a skinny lady.

You are awesome!!!

D'Lonna