Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Big Exhale

I got a bunch done yesterday. All the kids are gone since their camps are all over and it is the other parents turn--except Isaac who is going to summer school--which means I still have to wake up by seven, but at least the house is quiet for several hours. I must have done about 8 loads of laundry and moved the boxes out of my hall and dining room so that the babies have more space to move in the walker, and so they have less junk to get into at arms reach. Having the walker is a great child proof prep, since they are still unable to have the full access they will when pulling themselves up to things, but gives an idea what they are interested in getting at.

FINALLLY we got our tax return, but IRS still owes us nearly $1,000. Big exhale. Now we have the earnest money to make an offer on the house we want, but we are still hung up in a lot of other details.

So, today I got a Sam's membership, mostly for the gas discount for Mike. I don't know if getting groceries there was a good idea at all. I spent all but $20 of my budget there while trying to be really careful, which meant not getting a lot of the things on my list because I didn't need huge quantities of a brand name--which means I have at least $50 more to get before I can incorporate the month's menu that I came up with this morning.

Mike's cholesterol is up to 345, so I need reduction-power foods, and probably something different from my top five weekly meals so that he will come home to eat it. We need to get fit. Sure I'm my pre-preg weight and I look "great for having 6 kids" but if I don't find it in myself to care now, it will only go downhill from here. I have not done any exercise since they were born. It is better to stay ahead of the game than have to play catch-up.

I am definitely relieved, but still tense. And Inhale.....and whhhhhhhhhoo. Again with me. Inhale.....and whhhhhhhhhoo. Repeat until you are centered in tranquility.



Now go take care of the noisy, needy kids. You are loved.

No comments: