Friday, June 27, 2008

Killing Me!

I would love to take a nap right now, but my babies never manage to sleep at the same time during the day for more than a 1/2 hr overlap. They sleep together from 10pm until 8 or 9am. They wake up around 2 and again at 5.

All this week, Mike has had to get up around 5:30, but he snoozes for 1/2 hr. I do not sleep well once the alarm has gone off, especially when I am concerned that my husband will miss work if I fall too deeply into sleep. he leaves by 6:30. I try to sleep as much through that as possible. Then Isaac has to be taken to school by 7:45 so I might get as much as an hour more of sleep. By the time I get home, the babies are ready to start their day. In short the most sleep I have gotten this week is at 3 hour intervals, with another 2 or 3 hours, 1 or 2 hours at a time.

I was thinking I must not like my haircut because it has been a long time since I looked in the mirror and thought "nice" but then again, it could be that I look stinking old with these bags under my eyes.

I worked a little bit this morning, but I find that blogging is the equivalent of taking a nap for me. I get to just sit down and rest for a while. Thanks for the break.

5 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

This too shall pass. Keep your chin up and know you are loved and in my prayers.

Janika said...

It'll pass after next week, in part. I will actually get the summer vacation I dreamed of.

The Woodward Family said...

Hey, I really like the new family picture! It's so, well, Janika. Crazy, funny, makes people smile!

Unknown said...

What a shapshot of reality!

Nad the picture is a nice snapshot of ... reality?

I like it either way!!

Carol said...

Hi, Doves friend Carol here. I so feel for you and hope you get some rest soon too. Sleep deprivation just plain stinks.
Your girls are adorable.