Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Name Dropper

Okay, so some of you have heard stories about how Mike surprises me as I learn about him. He is always dropping names (not that I often recognize them) about people he has rubbed shoulders with. Well, today Tony Hawk (the pro skater whose name is on all of my boys clothes and nearly all of their favorite XBox video games) was making arrangements for an event they're doing at the hotel for which Mike has some responsibility. So, Tony is talking to someone else, but keeps looking at Mike. It takes a minute for Mike to recognize him because it's been 20 years since they hung out. (I am chuckling about that phrase, and you'll see why.)

So, Tony asks, "Where do I know you from?"
Mike: "Probably Al's Skate shop."
After a couple of seconds, the Hawk-ster says "SKEMBO!"

Apparently, my husband did something in a skate competition that the legendary Tony Hawk remembers. Turns out, as Mike was trying to complete his minute and thirty seconds of tricks, his pants were falling down. In sheer determination, Mike went on like there was nothing wrong while he mooned the spectators and judges. Now that's something people don't forget--even when they become mega-successful. Did I say name dropper?

*whew!* I love my honey!

5 comments:

Arizona Arnolds said...

It was always like that with Mike! He knew everyone and they all remember him...ok, sometimes there are better things to be remembered for, but Tony didn't remember any of the other hundered people there that day did he?

Unknown said...

Muahahaha! That's awesome.

Yamaha Drummer said...

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Arizona Arnolds said...

I don't think Tony said beautiful. Especially with that view! Just unforgetable.

The Woodward Family said...

Rhett LOVES Tony Hawk!