Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Family Home Evening






We invited Scott and Arren over for family home evening, but Scott was working. That was fine, because so was Mike. We didn't do anything special, but we did it. Andrew gave the lesson on the Holy Ghost from the back of the Gospel art Picture Kit image of a girl being confirmed. Then we had singing time, with Isaac doing an impromptu one-finger piano accompaniment followed by a very special *wink, wink* treat of yellow cake with no icing. Andrew is leading the music, and though I look pained, I was just singing. Claire didn't take any pictures of Arren.

We have not had family home evening very regularly because we thought we should do it on Saturdays when we had all the kids here. But that just never works out, so I figured we could just start having it on Mondays, then try for Saturday when the weekend kids are here. Not that it will happen, but having it on Mondays increases the chances that at least someone will get it.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

Your haircut looks similiar to Molly's. Is that because you are a mom of twins now?
You would not believe how bad and hard this silly post is. I can not spell. I have to retype everything more than once. I think I have been typing for 30 minutes now.
And now that stupid thing I have to type before I post this is really going to get me.

The Woodward Family said...

The important thing is that you are having it. We often go for Sunday as that seems to be the only evening Jason is off from one of his many jobs.

Janika said...

Yeah, Sunday is when we are traveling to take the kids back.

Anonymous said...

I think you are great, just do it! I am sure Mike told you that one year each FHE at our house ending in the ER from someone hurting themselves. Now those are memory makers!