Thursday, April 03, 2008

Devanie Day

It may sound like you are on Devanie's blog, but no, it's just Janika having a uncharacteristically active day.

I woke up the kids this morning and made sure Andrew's invitations were cut and ready to take to school. He wanted to have a birthday party today, but you will see why that was not possible. It will be tomorrow night instead. I also helped Claire with her math homework before she left because she just has a hard time with long division. That was the first time I got a C, myself.

Then it was time to feed babies. Then I had to find a home inspector and set up for him to look at the house we are buying before midnight tomorrow. So I looked in my email for the list of inspectors that the realtor sent to me and made the call. While I was at it, I checked the rest of my email and everybody else's blogs. I even replied to a couple of friends and was sure to comment on everybody's blogs. After that, I made my costume for our Relief Society Women at the Well presentation tonight. Then I took a little time to practice my song, though I really need to practice with my accompanist since I never have.

Because it was Andrew's birthday I made cupcakes--2 batches--one for school and one for the party. I did homemade frosting (see it's not Devanie's blog) and put a decorative dollop on top and garnished it with chocolate sprinkles.

Though I did not eat, I did get a shower and dress myself nicely to deliver the cupcakes before school got out on my way to the accountants to get my taxes done, babies in tow. I did take time earlier in the day to play with the babies a little bit.

I am sitting down for a minute before I make dinner for my kids to be done before I leave for Relief Society around 6:45. I would like a little nap. I'm afraid the kids won't get dinner if I do that.

When my husband and I get home I will serve him some delicious cheesecake, because that's what he likes for his birthday. Oh, I also finished all but the last page of my Ensign. Man, I feel like a woman! (With painful mastitis)

6 comments:

Arizona Arnolds said...

Wow! You are amazing. I just left your blog to check another and when I came back you had written a whole new page & decorated cupcakes. NO WONDER you are suffering with mastitis. That is some serious loads you are carring. Please get some rest (impossible, I know) but you mean so much to a great number of people! (and I know from sad personal experience that even with meds. mastitis is hard to beat and will come back again and agian. Nasty disease! Call if you need someone to give you MAJOR simpathy!
Marla

The Woodward Family said...

I am very impressed!!!You go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I had mastitis once. I feel your pain... Or something like that.

Kim and family said...

Happy Birthday to the boys in your house-sorry I am little late. My life wasn't much different this week.

Unknown said...

WHAT???

I make homemade frosting and stuff like that ALL THE TIME! Look at Sierras sugar cookies for her birthday. . . I made that PINK frosting. Hailey said it was the best frosting she EVER had. . .I put a little almond extract in it becasue I think sugar cookies are just too plain and taste like baked flour that crumbles.

Kim and family said...

I rarely make homemade frosting. But I have great sugar cookie recipe I got off of Kraft.com that calls for cream cheese in the cookie and they are soft and really tasty.