Friday, April 11, 2008

Clean Your Room!!

So I have Randa syndrome. I have worked with my kids on reorganizing and arranging their rooms, but mine is full of cruddy, dusty nooks and crevices. So I started working on it yesterday, but I don't think my husband noticed at all. Yesterday's minor efforts combined with todays should have a noticeable effect. My babies are playing on the bed, alternating between staring at each other and the ceiling fan while I work. And I found a package of gum, so I have cinnamon fresh breath! Eclipse has a hard shell, so I don't know if it was stale. :)

The kids walked to school again today. I actually took them for two days because we had horrific thunderstorms. We have 3 dead trees in our front yard and one of them fell over at the root--or lack thereof. Fortunately it was not especially tall and it fell away from both our house and the neighbor's. Mike's car was just clear of one of the fallen branches of the other dead tree. There was debris all over the neighborhood. Anyway--my kids walk to school. It is two blocks to the elementary and exactly one mile to the middle. That makes my life more simple than some of the rest of you. Thank goodness I don't have to pack up the twins every morning to take the kids somewhere.

Last night I sang for a relief society program. I was Mary at the cross and the tomb. The song I sang was Day of Tears. I did not feel like I sang very strong, because the range was so low on it, but it was emotional. Arren performed just before me and did a great job. She has a sweet, classical voice. I have never gotten to hear her perform solo--except when she has done vocals on our Rock Band game, but that's just messin' around with silly songs we don't really know. It was a really emotional program. It was the perspective of various women in Jesus life. It's all on a CD titled "Women at the Well."

So now it's time to quit blogging and get back to cleaning.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

Everytime I try to dejunk it is more like junk migration because it doesn't completely leave the house. And then the dumbest thing happens when I do get rid of it. I dropped off some backpacks and shoes at the DI Today and parting with one of the backpacks gave me anxiety. When I dropped off a car load of stuff earlier this year it was much worse and then I have anxiety that I am becoming a hoarder and UGH-

Well good luck on you're spring cleaning purge thing. I think I need some luck too. SHesh.

Arizona Arnolds said...

Oh I love that program! I would love to hear you sing that song.

The Woodward Family said...

It's official, you have become your mother! It happens to all of us at some point. Just ask my sister, Christy

Unknown said...

You did a beautiful job on that day of Tears song. I thought most of those songs were a little excessively low, but at least we didn't squeak on the top notes :P

Thanks for the complement and for coming to see me yesterday. I'm working on writing down exactly what I remember form yesterday. It should be a pretty fun read.

Do you have a copy of the floor plan that I can get creative with?
(I woke up thinking about the endless possibilities for your new home)