Saturday, April 05, 2008

Party

I am REALLY not good about giving my kids birthday parties. However, since Andrew took the initiative, invited his classmates and insisted that I make invitations, he got one. There were at least 7 of his friends there, and one of Claire's. They all brought presents, too. I got him a rescue submarine because his friend, Zack has one and he just thought it was cool. I actually got the right one! He was excited.

I got home from picking up Emylie just before it was time for the party to start. Fortunately, Mike had been able to get off work in enough time to coerce the kids into doing their chores (which I had done a bit of before I left at 1:30. The house actually wasn't too embarrassing. They played on the trampoline for a while, then they came in and ate chips and drank soda. Andrew opened his presents, Mike came home with the cake (because he felt like cupcakes were not enough). We sang the song. Andrew blew out the candles. They ate the cake or cupcakes according to their preference. Some went home. Andrew opened his toys and played with a few. The rest of the kids went home.

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Yay!! Good job Jans! Wasn't it fun to do that? In it's own anxiety causing and self afficted busy way. Cupcakes are fine. Especially if they can decorate them. They actually get ate better than cake for some reason. But I have told you that before. We are having Autumn's friend party in a few hours. I use to buy a cake but the cupcake thing has been great. So we are doing cupcakes and I found some sour flavored sprinkles. That sounds so gross but I know they will get ate.

Arizona Arnolds said...

I love parties! The kids don't care about how clean the house is (for sure it was dirtier after they left!) and all they need it time to play. Way to go Mom & Dad. When there are 10 of ya any party is sure to be fun.