Friday, May 02, 2008

Rollover Minutes

Anastasia can roll over! She did back to belly Wednesday and did belly to back this morning. That was after I played rollee with her. I lay them on the bed and say, "rollee!" while I hold their hands and roll them over a couple of times. Amelia is responding to it and getting an idea of how to move her body to roll over herself, but she needs a little prompting. They are both having a fabulous time grabbing at and kicking things.

Amelia is the queen of crunches. When you set her on a pillow, she takes advantage of that angle and tries to sit up. When I help her sit, she does a good job of holding it by herself--when she is in the mood, of not distracted by the world around her. If she moves her head, she falls.

They both love to say "hi" and smile at people. They also try to say "I love you the way I have coached them. It comes out, Ih uh oo. Though the consonants are not connecting, their tongue and mouth are forming in the right direction.

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

They are growing up TOO fast. I'm so happy for you that you are enjoying them so much. They are quite the blessing, aren't they?

Unknown said...

I think we'll have to take comparative pictures next time I come over... they are way way way growing up!