Sunday, May 04, 2008

Is Today Over?

I did it. I managed to orchestrate getting 9 children (remember we had a guest) and myself up and ready for church before 9:15 for the 10:00 conference that was 1/2 hr away. I even managed to bathe the twins and get full makeup on myself. Everybody did a great job of getting themselves together. When we got to the coliseum with about 6,000 other people, we had to walk about 1/2 mile to get in--in heels, mind you--with 2 babies and diaper bags. Okay, I cheated and left my scriptures at home. We all shared the load with babies and bags.

I called around a little bit to get help with transport, since I only have an 8 passenger van (with 10 to go). Mike was working, so he couldn't take his car. Claire and Emylie went with her friend, Megan's dad.

We got home, had our Sunday tradition, macaroni and cheese, followed by ice cream, because Mikey asked and I wanted it. Then it was time to get Mikey and Lexi back for the birthday party his mom had arranged. I left Isaac, Emylie and Andrew at the house since they are of "responsible" age. When I got back, there were 3 neighbor kids in the yard, plus Megan. I sent everyone home because I was ready for some peace and quiet. It took a little while to get the babies situated and some other needs taken care of, but once I did, I took a nap--a glorious, nearly two-hour nap.

Then Arren came over for out bumped-up Family Home Evening (since Emylie is here until tomorrow and the other kid driving happened earlier) for the third week running. While she was making the refreshments, I was making dinner. By the time it was done, and we had eaten it, being nearly 9 PM, we were finally ready for home evening. Coincidentally, that was about the time Mike came home from work. My poor, dear love. He took about 1/2 hour out for that, but was back on his computer doing at-home work. Then his boss called and asked Mike to come over to his house so they could work on a presentation (one of two) that he is doing tomorrow morning.

Anyway, Claire did the lesson. She prepared her brothers and sister to act out the parable of the Good Samaritan. Then we ate Arren's delicious cake.

Skip forward. Now I shower and go to bed. Maybe my husband will be home by then.

1 comment:

The Woodward Family said...

How was the conference itself?