Wednesday, May 21, 2008

At Devanie's

So I got into SLC airport around 8:30 or 9:30, I don't remember, and there was a time zone change. Devanie picked me up and we prepared to crash at her house. The next morning we doodled around and waited for Hailey and Sierra to get done with school so we could leave. Anastasia and Amelia enjoyed watching the big screen in the basement and swinging in the posh baby swing with music and lights features.

Devanie had to make a poster for enrichment. I helped her cut out a couple of things and gave her input that she didn't need, and took pictures of her while we made fun of the way some people pose for pictures and it makes their double chins look worse.

We got on the road about 2:30, I think, then we stopped to take care of business for Devanie, so I got to see her boutique. It was only a 2 1/2 hr drive, but we managed to do a lot of laughing and downed about six packages of Twizzlers cherry Nibs.

When we got to Kim and Gwen's, Devanie and I were expecting grandma to be there. They had not told her that I was going to be there, so we quietly opened the door and to the corner of the living room before the kitchen where everybody was. I was the one who got the surprise though. When I saw Kim stand up, I felt really happy to see him because I wasn't expecting him to be there, but then I realized that I thought it was Grandpa Leavitt who died in 1989. It was shocking how much Kim looked like his dad the way I remember him.

No comments: