Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fever

I don't know if I'm feeling well. I should be sleeping now, like everyone else in the house, but I am much more driven right now to get things done than to get rest. Maybe it is late-spring fever.

Yesterday I finished sewing the rest of the 7 hats and blankets for the service project, did 7 loads of laundry, made banana bread and lasagne before Mike got home at 5pm. The babies slept a lot, and I even slept in until 9am. (Isaac wakes us up at 6:50 before he leaves for school to say prayer, then I make sure the other kids are on track for getting ready, feed one or two babies if that happens to be the time the wake up. Then the babies and I go back to sleep and Andrew and Claire see themselves off to school. When you have great kids, you don't have to be a great mom.) I don't know what I did after Mike got home--oh yeah, I rode the kids about doing their chores and Isaac about doing all his catch-up homework in between reading/writing emails/blogs.

Today I did not sleep in, which I regret a bit, but the girls were not as cooperative today. I gave them baths and showered myself, then I got myself all dirty moving my new/used bedroom set out of the garage and into my room, which required a lot of cleaning and organizing, as well as moving out a bookcase and moving and cleaning the dresser that was already in my room. I also moved my cedar chest to the end of my bed to clear up wall space.

Then it was time to take the kids to scouts, scouts, and achievement days. I stayed for Andrew's first pack meeting and got my bobcat pin. What I did not do, however was go to the scout shop and get him his book and uniform. Mike had the babies at home.

The babies are starting to teethe and are cranky. I could not do as much as I have if the kids were not helping me with them here and there. When they are not here, the girls trade being in the swing, bouncy seat, walker, Claire's bed/ homemade jungle gym and my bed. They also take turns sleeping. They are not doing it together too much lately.

I weighed them yesterday and Anastasia is about 15 lbs and Amelia is an extra 1/2 pound.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like there was silence before the storm at your place!