Monday, May 26, 2008

Field Day

Claire and Andrew had their Field day last Friday at the elementary school. They had bouncy slides, obstacle courses events and games. I signed up to volunteer for some of the activities, but I could not find the event that I was listed for. I just stayed with Andrew's class and helped here and there.

Mikey and Lexi had the day off, so Mike had picked them up Thurs. night. They went with me. Lexi stayed with Claire. Mikey was with us. He is in the green shirt. The guy in sack race next to Andrew is his teacher, Mr. Wu.

The babies--especially Anastasia--were exhausted from the muggy heat by the time we were done. We were out there for three hours. Somebody must have collapsed from heat exhaustion because when we left there was an ambulance and fire truck in the school parking lot.

Claire was in the nurses office herself before I arrived. She was lifting her friend and the two of them fell over. Claire got a big scrape on her cheek from it. I got a couple of pictures with my camera phone.

Today being memorial day it is the anniversary of my first meeting with Mike, and today, for the first time in forever, it is just he and I at home. All the kids (except the babies, of course) are with other parents. That will end tonight, but we are enjoying a little time to ourselves.

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

That slide looks like a lot of fun!

Melanie said...

wow that looks like a lot more fun than our field day! everything in texas is better! ;)

Kim and family said...

Our field days, when I was a kid were not like that and I went to elementary school in a lot of states! I don't miss the Texas heat for one second though.

Janika said...

Yeah, the last school had track and field day and it was just like a track meet, but HUGE with tiny kids.