Tuesday, July 29, 2008

End of Summer

Thankfully, there was a change last year in Texas law, so that schools couldn't start the first or second week of August. However, Summer is over for me as far as travel and activities with the kids. The rest of their time, for the most part, this summer will be with the other parents. Mike had to work late last night and it was the first day the kids were gone. I stayed busy, to be sure, but it was so quiet with just me and the babies--Anastasia actually got some uninterrupted nap time. I watched a little HGTV while I folded my 6 loads of laundry (an improvement from last week's 10).

I did a little sewing for a Relief Society service project since I am moving soon, and it would be good to finish that before I leave. I cleaned up the aftermath of having kids and not being interested in battling them to get chores done. And, of course, I played with and cared for two of the sweetest, cutest, low-maintenance babies around.

Today I have not gotten much accomplished, but I did vacuum the living room, since the babies are scooting around on the floor now. I need to go to the store to buy a couple of things, but I would prefer to wait until Mike gets home so that I don't have to haul them out of the house. That's the stinker about not having the big kids here.

Let me see what else I can do.

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Sometimes I wish I could be kidless a little more often so I could get something done. I guess I will have to wait until school starts.

Janika said...

Kim, I think the trick is not having a husband around. From what I saw, you got a ton of stuff done as soon as LeeJoe left.