Monday, July 21, 2008

So In Love

When I get close to Anastasia she always wants to reach for my face. She grabs it and pulls me to her so she can eat my face. She slobbers and babbles in a soft musical tone. She wants to hug and kiss me whenever she sees my face.

She is like that with her daddy too, but that makes him a little nervous right now. He has a big cut on the side of his nose that it is no good for her to get her fingernails in. He had a carcinoma successfully removed on Thursday. He's been living off of hydrocodone and Dr.Pepper.

Amelia stretches her cheeks to the point of explosion with her smile whenever she looks at me. She is very free with her smiles and wants everyone to look at her so she can smile at them.

I am so stinkin' in love with my little girls...Such joy and wonder! I can't squeeze them tight enough. I can't kiss their cheeks and neck enough. I can't get enough of their slobber all over my face. Precious, precious love.

Then there's my husband, who loves to hold me and be close to me. His eyes sparkle and his face is filled with affection when he looks at me and our children. Our first two years together have been riddled with challenges, including being married to a complete stranger. We are beginning to know one another and appreciate the endurance of our affection through all our adversity.

AND after long months of searching, we have finally found a house. It is 4 years old, and has the space that we need at the price we can manage. It is a little further out than is ideal, but its not going to change Mike's commute time but by a couple of minutes. Our contract is pending and it should close before the end of the month. Life is good.

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

What a wonderful post! I can feel the love you have for those two girls and your sweet hubby! You have been blessed abundantly!

Kim and family said...

I love babies! Especially when they are at that lovey stage. But I am patient and will wait for the grandbabies to come. I am glad you are enjoying your girls so much.

Good luck on the house buying. You need to post a picture if you find time.

Melissa is 4 hours south of you now.

DLonna said...

Your girls were so cute in Relief Society on Sunday. Yes, they were so smilie as I was stilling the front.

The Woodward Family said...

Janika is teasing us. A couple of blogs, and then nothing! Sheesh, what gives woman!!!??? It's not like you're busy with twins, and buying a new house or anything like that! Oh, wait, maybe it is! Love ya~!