Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blueberries

I didn't take any pictures at the blueberry farm, but it was fun. We went on Thursday (Jul 10) with the John/Marla family. Between us all we picked a flat of them for a little over $1.00/pint. We made blueberry muffins, blueberry crepes, and I made blueberry waffles. We froze the rest that we didn't eat by the handful.

The following Tuesday everyone else went to Nauvoo for a couple of days. I would not have made it back to Texas in time for Anastasia's physical therapy evaluation if I had gone along. I didn't feel like we had enough blueberries and I wanted to take some home to Mike, so I went back to the U Pick farm. Tragically, I did not remember to bring home any of the bags of blueberries that I had made the kids pick beside me. Maybe if there are enough of them left when we go back for Thanksgiving, I will make a blueberry pie.

The Gordon family was part of the second berry excursion. They live (for now) just down the road from Craig and Consie. We adults had all gone out to dinner together the night after I got there. We had a great time. When we got the kids involved a few days later they got along great also.

No comments: