Friday, August 01, 2008

Well Babies

It has been a long couple of days for me and the babies. Yesterday I went to get the appliances for our new house paid for because Mike got his quarterly bonus. Then I shopped around for flooring to kill time before Anastasia's physical therapy appointment. She did great for her first full workout. She hardly fussed and she tolerated it for a full 40 minutes. Two other PT techs were hovering over the session and playing with Amelia. They were all ga-ga--and the babies too.

When I was done, Mike invited me to bring the babies to his work which wasn't too far away to show off his little girls. They caused so much commotion in that office! I valet parked at the front of the hotel and they told me there would be no charge if it was less than 15 minutes. I was in there for as much, maybe as 45 minutes. Everybody had to hold them and poke them and make faces at them. Mike was the funniest one of all. He was so goofy proud of them. He was polite enough to introduce me as well. When you have twins you just have to expect that you are nothing more than a background.

After that I went to the mall with the babies to double check on appliance prices at the Sears outlet. I killed time there until Mike was able to meet me for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe because I got a gift card to go there for my birthday from the Quigleys. We didn't get home until 10pm and the babies had not had more than 1/2 hr of sleep at a time.

This morning Mike had to be up at 5am, so I am still running on nothing. The babies did not get their morning nap again today because they had a Well Baby appt at 9am. I did some more shopping this morning too. We finally got home after noon. They are both sleeping , and I think I will too, because I am going with Arren tonight to the Barns & Noble midnight book release party for Breaking Dawn. Between now and then I have to pick up Lexi and Mikey, and make dinner in addition to getting some rest.

Anyway, Dr. McColm says the babies are beautiful and strong (as if I didn't know). Amelia, I think was 26 1/2 inches, just a little bigger than Anastasia, which they did not tell me her numbers. Amelia was just over 18 lbs, Anastasia was just under. They are right on target for growth.

If you don't hear from me this weekend, it is because I am reading a book to my husband.

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

I hope you enjoy your book. Good to hear the babies are thriving well. I can't wait to see pictures of the house.