Sunday, August 17, 2008

Still Here

I spent all day yesterday cleaning and working on my new house. Mike and the babies were there with me. He mostly did electrical work. We made a ridiculous number of trips to Lowe's because it is 5 minutes down the road. This week we have painting, flooring, and packing to do. We have a target date of Saturday for the big furniture move.

The babies are scooting all over the place. It is amazing how much they have advanced in their skills in the past two weeks. Things they could barely do are now perfected. They don't like being in the empty new house all day very much, though. It is hard to get stuff done with them. They are very good, but they need attention. The interruptions minimize my efficiency.

They are so fun right now, though--laughing, singing, kissing. There's just a lot of love around here.

I missed Phelp's final Gold medal because of being at the house yesterday, and who knows what else. Watching the news this afternoon they said, "If Michael Phelps was a country, he would be tied for fifth for gold medals." That really puts it into perspective. Guess I'll read now and see what I've missed from the rest of you.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

I missed the really close swim he had and saw the medals ceremony and said Again! But if I had seen the race live that would have been has awesome as the other close relay. Oh well. I am watching beach volleyball. I like watching that but they keep playing it so late.

Glad to see you aren't completely gone. Hope the house is coming along though. The babies sound like great 2 times over!

Kim and family said...

That was suppose to be great fun 2 times over

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kim, don't you think that there should be an edit function on the comment window? I just posted something with a typo on Dev's blog and I can't do anything about it.

Unknown said...

Jan's, It's great ot hear from you.

I've updated some of my posts still have pleanty of pictures to add.

but it's almost midnight and I have a busy day alone with the 4 kids and meetings and irish dance and and and. LV U