Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Smart Twin

A few months back, I was a little concerned at how much more Amelia was picking up and how quickly she was progressing. I was afraid that Anastasia was the "slow one" Now, though, Anastasia has leaped ahead. She is crawling, sitting up unassisted indefinitely, playing the piano, and generally more observant and active. She is even getting ready to crawl on her hands and knees, though at this point she just lunges forward from that position.

I had a flashback when I saw her rocking back and forth on her hands and knees. When I see a baby doing that (which I don't remember any of my other ones doing much) I think of my twin sisters when they were babies. They would do that rocking for long periods of time, either on their hands and knees, or sitting up and bouncing themselves off the back of the couch.

Amelia is still tipping over and until yesterday was still doing the airplane kick (you know, where they lift their arms and legs off the ground, kicking and waving like their belly will propel them). I think she is going to skip the low crawl altogether and go straight to the knees. I guess the thing with twins is that they just have different rates of progress, that ultimately even out over time. Amelia will probably end up walking first.

1 comment:

Shemnon said...

...mom cried when she found out I wasn't twins. ...little did she know, we are twins, the draw back is that we are the smarter one.....and the "slower" one.