Monday, August 25, 2008

Overnighter

Last night I spent the first night in my new house. I had to take Mikey and Lexi back to their mom., which puts me most of the way to the house and we had to finish up the floor covering before we move in on Saturday So I took the babies with me and we slept on blankets and sleeping bags on the floor. They actually slept for a seven hour stretch together. One has been doing that lately, but the other has often been up around 1 or 2. Don't ask me if it is the same one, or which one. I am asleep when I take care of them.

So today I finished the flooring in the living room and shampooed the carpet in the other rooms. The babies played in their room, my room, and the big girls room (which is where I slept). They were great all day. I think they liked having a different place to play and new things to explore.

I also scrubbed walls and doors since we don't have time to paint, repaired nail, screw, and golf ball holes, and had a little fun with electricity. I turned off the breaker that said master bed/bath, but I still got a tingle like when we played with the electric fence when installing the two outlets that were left in my bathroom. That was precisely when I decided that there was nothing else I needed power for and cut the main breaker. I started on the vanity light, but got distracted and didn't come back to it. The electric box for it is centered on the wall, but the mirror is not, so it is not centered on the mirror.

I missed the closing ceremonies of the Olympics for all that. It is good that they are over. Maybe I can make some actual progress on packing/cleaning before we get a moving truck this Saturday.

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

I was amazed I was trying to go to sleep by last night 11:30 instead of 1 or 2 am last night. I miss the olympics. So silly of me.

Good to hear you back blogging even with all the busy.