Monday, September 29, 2008

Losses

I lost my brain. There is a sad resignation and a subdued helplessness. When I plugged in my computer that I was setting up as the kids computer, it wouldn't boot up. The hard drive crashed in the move. Mike says he can still retrieve the data off of it. Fortunately I handed my dad all the genealogy information I had collected on that computer, and I guess it is on the new familysearch.org. However, I had no back-up for my book that I had about five chapters of. It was about the trauma I experienced at the termination of my first marriage. My intention was to get it all out so that I would have a memory of it, without feeling like I had to hold on to it inside of me. I saw that as an important part of my healing process. Now I have to just plain let it go--maybe.

The other sad thing is that I had two older computers that had stuff on them--I have no idea what--that got left behind in the move. They are now lost forever. It was only little parts of my brain that I have no power to recall. I don't know what I have lost, so I can't be terribly sad about it, but something is gone.

The other loss is of a much more practical necessity. The new microwave (that I have previously complained about here) was set to cook for 20 minutes with nothing in it. It is completely fried and lifeless. Someone thought it was a timer. Someone was wrong. Someone is loved and will be forgiven because Someone was trying to help. Someone should not comment if they read this and give themselves away. This post is not about Someone it is about things I lost.

Mike is going to be building a couple of websites in the next couple of weeks, and since he is not used to working from home with me and the babies are around, I am going to take them to see Grandmas in Missouri (since my parents are there this week). I will also be taking that opportunity to continue working on a project that relates to that area. Sorry, I just try to say as little as possible about intentions, and just report on accomplishments. You'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, keep on truckin'.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

We still have an ancient computer 286 or 386 I have stuff from when Autumn was a baby. I can't remember that time much at all. Like I will ever get that computer connected and attached but there it sits.

Have fun on your trip. Thank good ness its fall..OK my stupid sense of humor came back to your torture.

Arizona Arnolds said...

Oh man! As a person who lives by writing things down, I can't imagine the pain of loseing it all. I'll wear black tomarrow and be sad with you.

Then I am going to be jelous of your fun trip to MO! Have a great time, enjoy the cool and take a necklace out of the display box if thier is one left! From me :)

Arizona Arnolds said...

PS. Time to change the picture on top. It scares me everytime! I have to scroll as fast as I can to skip past it.

DLonna said...

Darn it!! Well, at least with the book it can be gone and you don't have to read about all the unjustices again.

I hope you at least get your brain back. That's important one.