Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Mike went out to get a Dr. Pepper, so I need to post before he gets back.

We are officially moved into our new house with much help from our old Ward and our new one. We are so thankful for the church and for good friends in it.

The babies had a rough couple of nights. Friday they spent the night with Heather, my visiting teacher while we tried to get packing stuff done. Because I was so wound up about what we needed to do, I didn't get any more sleep than I would have if they were here. They slept on the floor one night in the old house and one night in the new house. When I finally was able to get the crib set up (someone put the pack and play in the moving truck) Amelia giggled when she saw it. She was excited just to sit in her own bed. Last night they only woke up once, and I had gone to slee early, so for the first time in I don't know how long, I slept really well.

Today I did laundry and unpacked a number of boxes. The kitchen is almost done and the babies' room is done. My bathroom is looking great too. Everything else is poo poo poo.

Mike's home, gotta go!

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Even though you didn't get any more sleep than normal with the girls gone, it must have been nice to work without them under foot and get things done?

Happy your on the way to settling.

And the bathroom is a really important room to have all set up.

Kim and family said...

I was just wondering where all your other kiddos are?

Hopefully your settling in well and get some more computer time soon.

Jodi said...

Congrats on the new home. I have a love/hate feeling about moving. We've done it so many times in our married life! It's nice to weed out all the junk and put away the good stuff, but it is sure a lot of work!

Arizona Arnolds said...

Congrats on being in the new place! I can imagine what a pain it must be, but now you have your own place and you don't have to move again for a long time. Very exciting to start decorating your new blank canvas!