Monday, September 22, 2008

Between Loads of Laundry

In case I haven't explained it, Anastasia has congenital torticolis. When I was pregnant, she was really low, head down, in my pelvis. Amelia was also head down. Anastasia's position and Amelia's weight on her made is so she had very limited neck movement, and so the muscle on one side of her neck developed short. She goes to physical therapy every week to stretch that muscle out so she doesn't hold her head tilted to the left for the rest of her life.

Thursday she was strapped into her trailer trash high chair (bar stool and a gold-studded belt) and pushed it away from the table making herself fall straight back. She didn't even get a goose egg, but the floor in the dining room is concrete. I was more concerned that she had whiplash.

I took her to physical therapy and she would not have any of it. Christen, her tech was really concerned and suggested I have a doctor look at her. I took her to the ER, but she was fine.

For the past week I have been working on a writing project, and will continue to be working on it for some time, so I may continue to have a slow down in my blogging. In addition, it is finally fall in Texas, which means it is the perfect time of year for projects like refinishing and painting furniture. Now that I have my own little yard, I may be devoting a bit of time to gardening as well.

Don't you fret. I certainly will continue to blog, and probably still more than Devanie. I will also continue to read and comment in my usual places.

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Glad to know you won't be deserting us...Hope your little one is ok in the long run.

Camille said...

Hi Janika,

When DeeDee (RS Pres) passed on your blog to me, I had to indulge. I'm kindof a blogaholic. DOn't worry, I'm in a program and on my way to recovery :)

Your blog is incredible and I've already got a million ideas swirling around in my head about how the sisters in the ward can benefit from your talents (you love me already, right?)

I also need to apologize that I didn't come last week like I said I was going to. When my baby got sick I just forgot about everything else-- not intentionally, I promise. I'm back in the saddle now, so I'm comin' over!