Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Getting Settled













The babies bedroom was the first place to get completely set up--minus the books on the empty bookshelf. They enjoy playing in their new bedroom and in the living area outside their bedroom when the gate is up at the stairs.











They can keep themselves entertained for at least an hour which has really helped me get stuff done around here. There is not a whole lot left to do except the boys bedroom and some general organization and picture hanging, decor, etc. stuff.







They slept for 12 hours last night with only one 2:30 wake up, so I feel rested again. They have yet to make a habit of such kindness, but it is getting closer. Anastasia was the one who woke up, but I made a bottle for Amelia at the same time and rolled the sleeping child over and popped it in her mouth.


The toy box has hardly anything in it, but the girls love to stand against it and drum on it. That is what they do more than anything; whenever they encounter a new surface, they have to slap it to see how it sounds. I don't remember that so much with my babies that did not have a drummer as a father, but that may just be poor memory.

These outfits are a size nine months. My babies just turned 8 months and they are able to wear 12 month clothes. The 6-9 are really tight on them. This is really strange for me. I am used to my babies being behind the curve. Their legs are proportionally fairly long, it seems. They don't look stubby even with their chubby.



Anastasia is closest to the crib and Amelia is closest to the dresser. When they sleep, I make sure to trade off with who gets the crib and who gets the Pack n' Play, they don't seem to care either way






These are the first phases of getting the living/dining room put together. I don't have high chairs and the swing got left in the back yard, so the babies are eating peaches on the bar stools.

The blue recliner seen here will eventually be covered with a tan durasuede cover. It was in my bedroom, but since we can't fit both of our gigantic couches reasonably in our living room, the chaise sofa is going in the second living room upstairs and the recliner provides extra seating in the main living area. I wanted to put the TV out of the focus of the downstairs living room, but since the master is downstairs and the kids are up, I didn't want the TV where they could get up and watch it without us knowing.



This picture was before Mike was able to help me get it up the stairs. Anastasia has taken to my coaching about how to safely roll off the couch to a stand. We will start working on safely maneuvering the stairs before too long. They pull themselves up to a stand now, but are not yet climbing, so stairs are not a priority.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute Jans. Sounds like the fun times are just getting started.

Janika said...

Thomas, you checked and commented while I was still tweaking and editing this post. I'm done now.

The Woodward Family said...

I was just thinking about those two beautiful girls and their wonderful mama.

Thanks for posting!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I'm sure you've already mentioned this, but where out East did you move? I have family in Mesquite.

Arizona Arnolds said...

Big for thier age must be a Skembo gene. I just always thought the men marketing baby clothes were way off. My kids were alway at least one size bigger too. I do think the drummer gene has to do with thier love of tapping things. Good luck keeping the kids off the tv if you are busy downstairs. It is like a magnet!