Saturday, September 13, 2008

Something You Don't See Every Day

Okay, Have you ever seen me post a recipe? Not only am I posting one, but I made it up.

Orangesicle Cake

1 Yellow cake according to directions.
1 Small box orange gelatin
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
5-7 mandarin orange slices

Dissolve gelatin in one cup of boiling water. Let cool about 10 minutes. Poke holes in cake with end of wooden spoon. Pour gelatin into holes of cake. Refrigerate at least one hour.

Soften cream cheese and butter. Beat with mixer until smooth. Thoroughly drain oranges. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cake. Eat small pieces, as it is very sweet.

I would have posted this yesterday, but my power went out as I was trying to. We got "hit by the hurricane" ever so mildly. The winds blew and the rains fell, but not too much rain at all. Everything got wet, but nothing close to flooding. Today it is bright and sunny.

All of the kids were here and when the power went off in the middle of the day, most everybody fell asleep.

Today we got all 10 of us to 9 am church on time, but before sacrament was over I had to take Mike back home because he left the meeting 4 times trying to get his stomach and intestines under control. He had a little Nyquil, so he is feeling better--I guess *zzzz*

The kids are at the park. Life is good

3 comments:

Janika said...

Just so you know, Mike did post a couple of videos on his blog.

Lindsey Walker said...

I would love to post the message on the RS blog! I will try to get ahold of WIndy, but if it's easier, you can e mail me the password and id. My e mail address is lacrosselinz22@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey stranger, I was messing around the internet in all my free time, and came across this super cool blog.

I miss you too. How long did you lose power for? We never even felt a brown out and I had to LOOK to see if it was raining. I'm going on 23 weeks here, and I keep thinking my belly should be bigger... I wore on of the maternity shirts you gave me and it almost fell off. I totally didn't fill it out.

Yesterday Elder Bednar came and spoke to us in a special session of Stake Conference. He is an amazing speaker. Or he is able to use the Spirit to do amazing things. Our counsel was to pack the right load, because the load will never go away. We just need to be sure we are filling out time and our lives with the most right things.

Jaedyn has decided that my bladder makes the most comfortable pillow and my bowels are a great footstool. Use your imagination. (It's been an uncomfortable weekend for me!)

I saw the pictures in one of the below posts, and I wanna come and see your house!