Monday, October 06, 2008

In Far West, Missouri

I have been in Missouri for a week now. I spent most of the time, so far doing data entry so that the visitors log here at the Far West Country Store can be converted into a database. I am trying to help my in-laws with promotions, marketing, and information disemination so that their Deseret Bookstore/visitor information center/gift store can grow into the historical village and gathering place that they envision.

That is also why I am writing a theatrical production to be presented here next year, and every year thereafter. Our tenative time for it is the last two weeks of July. That way, people who want to do a church history tour can go to the Hill Cumorah pageant, then to the Nauvoo Pageant, then here, to the Far West pageant. Yeah, its a major project. My time will be thoroughly occupied. I am going to need a ton of help.

The first day I was here I drove up to Kirksville/Brashear where my mom and dad bought a house and where my dad's family is from. On the Lay Family History blog I have posted letters written in 1913 from Kirksville by my Great grandmother, Clara Gibson to her new husband Henry Lay. The house she lived in is no longer there, but I saw the neighbors house, which she refers to in her letters. The neighbors house was bigger than I expected. I will post more about that on that blog when I get a chance.

Now you know.

5 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

What a neat thing to do! You will have your hands really full though! Tell your mom and dad hi for me. Did they leave this area and move back there permanently?

Kim and family said...

Just wanna say thanks for blogging! Love the updates befoer somebody else tells me to get a life.

Kim and family said...

You'll have to read the comments on my blog I guess to know what that is all about.

Arizona Arnolds said...

My parents are too lucky to have you. I think they have done fantastic things out there, but I never knew they invisioned productions! I thought having 13 grandkids visit was the production, hehee.
P.S. Tell those baby germs to stay away from Gramps, they must have stronger immune systems than the "elderly" :)

Janika said...

I don't suppose they did envision productions. Each of us must carry our own delusions