Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Really, I love Mondays

When everybody is here, the babies don't sleep. They take 1/2 hour naps and are fussy. They have gotten used to quiet daytime. They are ultra social, and love their siblings. Therefore, they don't want to miss a moment of the party. The slightest sound reminds them they might be missing something.

When Monday rolls around and the kids are all back in school, the babies sleep all day to make up for lost time. I can get a lot done that way.

Did I mention Amelia got another tooth in? That's five in her little mouth at 9 months. And she bites.

Monday morning they were both on the bed with Daddy and Mommy. Anastasia started giggling and crawling away, like "chase me Daddy, I want to play!" It was cold and the blankets were warm. They love burying their faces in the pillow and kicking their legs waiting for us to grab or tickle them. Sometimes I'll be working and hear the two of them giggling. They will be doing something like playing peek-a-boo in the curtains with each other. The joy of it is not something that can be described. It is just amazing to watch their faces as the hidden thoughts of their mind pass across them; to see the wonder of developing intelligence.

This precious time is so short.

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

I am missing my kids being little.
That is great you are enjoying the time you have with them. It is too short.