Friday, October 31, 2008

Canton Trade Days

The first weekend of every month is Canton Trade Days. I have been interested in going for a long time, but never have. My friend Theresa was coming with her friends Thursday and asked me if I would be interested in joining her. It is less than 1/2 hour from where I live.

Other than having to pay $5 for parking and $25 to buy a Red Flyer Wagon to drag the babies around because I didn't check to make sure my stroller was in the back of the van before I left, it was pretty good. There were lots of booths and vendors selling handicrafts, imports, "antiques" and used junk. There were also some samplings of homemade salsas and preserves, etc. Homemade candles and soaps shared space with Tupperware distributors, homeopaths, beauty supplies.

My babies are absolutely perfect. They sat up in the wagon and watched the people ooh and aaah at them, smiled appropriately and never complained about a thing from 9 until 2. They were a little fussy around 11, so I repositioned them so they could sleep, which they did for a little while--until somebody said "ooh! how precious!" too loud.

I only bought a christmas ornament personalized with the year and every child's name. I still need to get "Baby's first Christmas" ones, but we now have our annual family one. Today should be another good day for the babies to sleep since they got 40min total naptime yesterday--though they did go to bed 1 hr. early.

We had a visit from a member of the Bishopric last night to offer me my first calling in our new ward. Stay tuned for more information on that.

Time to feed the babies breakfast.

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Do we get any hints on the new calling? Is it a big one?

Janika said...

It's not a presidency, but it is over the whole ward.