Sunday, November 02, 2008

Ugh! I Cheated Myself

I am sitting here dressed, hair fixed, makeup and Cookie Lee accessories ;) on with an hour before we have to be at church, which gives me time to feed and bathe babies and remind my husband about 20 times that it is time to get ready.

But thank goodness I had a little extra time to check my computer before the babies woke up because the clock indicates that I have TWO hours to be ready for church. Of COURSE it's daylight savings time! I could have slept another hour. My blessed husband, who did not go to sleep until 3;30 because he was playing World of Warcraft gets a one hour respite from my nagging. I get to blog, the babies get a long bath, and the rest of the kids will just be doing what they would anyway at the homes of their other parents.

Yesterday I went to the CORSA club meeting with Mike and the babies, Cash (who is the actual member of the club) Arren and Scott. CORSA is for owners and afficcianados of Corvairs. Again, everybody loved the babies, not only because they are adorable, and there are two of them, but they are magnificently behaved. One of the ladies chatted with me for at least 15 minutes about her grandsons and aunts who were twins.

Somebody said to me when I was pregnant with the twins, "When you have twins, you have to listen to everybody's twin stories." It's true. Everybody knows twins are cool, and they want to let you know that they are somehow connected to that coolness. "I have sisters who are twins." My aunt... My brother-in-law... My best friend's sister had twins. My godson married a twin. etc, etc. It doesn't bother me, and I don't blame them. You kind of get the same effect with pregnancy, but because it is more common than twins, there is not quite the degree of fervor.

It is Fast Sunday and I have plenty of time to think about how I'm not eating breakfast. I am fasting for God to guide Americans as they make their decisions about the presidency and other leadership. Time to let the babies splash in the tub.

5 comments:

Kim and family said...

Having a red head is almost the same way. Everyone commented and ask questions when Kelsea was little. You get to go through the gene pool of where it came from and gets far more attention than I was ever prepared for. But of course you might already know that yourself.

Janika said...

Devanie said the same thing.

MM said...

i found you because you let it slip at church you blog...
just have to tell you, my husband is addicted to WOW too. i feel your pain. ;)

PS - Two of my aunts have twins... yeah, I'm cool too.

Jodi said...

I understand the red head thing too! Everyone always wants to know how I got a red head! Who knows? But we are going to keep her. It's fun now that I have a brunette, because she rounds out the blondie and red head. It's fun to have one of every flavor! Also good to know that I'm not the only one who has to be a motivational speaker (nag) about getting ready. Wayne is TOTALLY fine about getting ready when he's going somewhere on his own, but when we are going somewhere together he is always the last one ready, and his wife is flustered and frustrated! Oh, well. I just have to remind myself that he has many other good qualities.

The Woodward Family said...

OK, so what was the calling?