Monday, November 03, 2008

Revealed

I was sustained yesterday as the Ward Music Director. I had been substituting in Primary, leading the childrens music as a long term sub and was loving that. I was hoping that I might permanently be called to that. Instead, I have to work with the adults. I am supposed to select songs for the main congregational meeting, direct them, and select special numbers as well as direct the choir.

This is the first calling I have had (including Visiting Teaching) since before the babies were born. I am really glad to be doing something. I think people think it is so hard to have twins that they have been afraid to ask anything of me. Silly. In fact, that probably contributed to my decision to write a religious themed musical theater production. I was really tired of not doing anything and decided it was time to take initiative myself, and not wait to be asked. Now I have that on my plate and have been given an additional assignment. But when it is something you love, it never feels like work.

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

My thought was choir director...Hey, at least it isn't Primary President or RS President....

Kim and family said...

I have never had any time between callings. Even with babies. And then they like to call me to something new before they can release me from the other calling. Sometimes I would welcome a break.

I am sure you are going to enjoy your new calling but primary music has been my favorite. At least with that calling you can still sub in primary. I hope you have fun.

Anonymous said...

I am grateful that you decided to fast for God to guide Americans as they made their decisions about the presidency and the congressional elections. With the result of the elections, it appears His will is revealed.

The Woodward Family said...

Who is anonymous?