Thursday, November 06, 2008

Lighter

Political season is over. No more heavy discussions. This blog isn't about the big world, its about my little world and what matters most to me, so you get to see pictures today! Cheers, and Bottoms up!

Two weekends ago I mentioned a trampoline campout with the kids. Claire, Emylie and Lexi's friend Lynzee are on the trampoline. Mikey and Andrew are trying to cause mischief underneath it.

I don't know where Lexi was at this exact moment--probably getting more bedding. We brought out most everything we had so they would be super-snug.

It is fall here. These are the dazzling colors of our changing leaves. Okay, so its not New England. And, by the way, this is my new house. I also have.......a shrubbery! I don't like it. My arms and back were very sore from cutting it down by a third with loppers. No I don't have a hedge saw. Maybe I'll get one for Mother's day. Hopefully not, I'm just thinking of the year I got a lawn edger. Mike, however is not that kind of guy. Maybe we'll get one for Isaac for his birthday ;)
You will have to click on the picture to full size it to see my Halloween decoration on the porch. That pumpkin is now on a pot on my stove waiting to be mushed into pie filling.

Emylie had her birthday on Sunday, but this weekend is when we have her. She always gets a pumpkin pie 100% from scratch from me for her B-day. She is 13 and a full-on teenager. She is an amazing young woman. She has a profound intellect, being a studious observer. Her ability to observe makes her an outstanding artists. She is loyal to her friends and family and prefers one-on-one conversation to large social gatherings.

I heard a thunk and a fuss, but by the time I got there, there the sadness was gone. Amelia figured out how to climb into the toy box. Anastasia loves her toy sister.

6 comments:

Kim and family said...

I guess since all the political commercials are over they have room to start Christmas related ones. ACK! I saw the first one last night.

Love all the pictures! Glad you posted them. We finally get to see the house!

The Woodward Family said...

I agree with what Kim said! I love the house! And that buttoms up shot is just precious! Are they both asleep?

Janika said...

Yeah, they both zonked out on my bed. It is not often that I get a picture of the two of them asleep at once. They are in separate cribs so they don't keep each other awake.

Unknown said...

The house is A LOT prettier than the rental. Is it as pretty on the inside??

We wanna see it all!

Hailey and SIerra want to go visit the cousins in TX again. I think we will make a trip to Nevada though. They are off all of November. I can't spend a lot of money.

The Bottoms up is cute, but the toybox baby is much cuter!

Arizona Arnolds said...

Janika, Your babies are famous! Check out my girlfriend's card company and see thier baby announcement!
BTW you house is darling! No wonder you are having so much fun decorating and organizing.

Arizona Arnolds said...

http://photoannouncements.blogspot.com/
HA HA here is the link to her card blog.