Friday, November 21, 2008

Decorations Are Up

The kids were here this weekend for the last time before Thanksgiving. Since we will be in Missouri for that, and it will be another 2 weeks after that before we are all together again, it was time to do our traditional put-up-the-tree Family home Evening. This year the kids and I crocheted a garland, instead of stringing popcorn.

I am so in love with my tree. It is full of red bows that symbolize being eternally bound to God through the blood of Jesus Christ, which purifies us, symbolized by the white garland. I still haven't bought the candy canes, though that will be generously interspersed among the other ornaments. They, of course symbolize the shepherd's crook, reminding us that angels came to the shepherds, announcing the birth of the Christ, and that Christ is, himself, the Good Shepherd. The remaining decorations on the tree include glass balls that make me think of the "worlds without number" that God has created.

Then, through all that, are ornaments that represent the years of my life. Some were school projects made by my children. Some we made together. Some are from friends and family. Each reminds me of a moment in time in this little life of mine.

When the kids helped me put the tree up and decorate it, it made more of a mess than anything. This is what it looked like on Tuesday afternoon.

A short time later, it looked like this. Once again, you have encountered a rare opportunity to see my house.

The wall was red when we moved in. It worked out okay, so we have not changed it.

4 comments:

The Wes Gordon Family said...

Beautiful! The house and the TREE!

See you soon!!!

Unknown said...

Looks SPECTACULAR!
What a beautiful home Jans and Mike! It looks GREAT! Hope you feel great too!

BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!

Kim and family said...

Love the house and the tree. I can't believe Christmas is that close. Oh my.

Are the babies having fun undecorating yet?

Anonymous said...

I think its fun to make up crap that symbolized whatever you want it to. Its so nice to have a sister who shares that same interest. lol