Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why Am I Sitting in This Computer Chair?

I drove all day yesterday, and today drove another 4 hours today to get the kids back to their dad's house. My joints are stiff and I am still a little saddle sore from Wednesday's horseback riding. I would post pictures, but I think my camera is out in the van, and I have no interest in going out to get it. I am waiting for my dear husband to return home. He is on his way back from Missouri a day behind me.

It will be so nice to be together in our own bed again. Last night when I got the kids home and into bed (around 10:30), I crashed and remember nothing until the alarm went off at 6:30--and I felt like I had hours yet to sleep. We were active and worked hard while we were with Mike's parents (that's what it takes to have a lot of fun) and our nights were fairly sleepless. We had the babies in our room, and they did not do well with all the commotion.

Once again, my tiny party animals want to be part of whatever is going on. Napping was very difficult for them, and when we were finally able to get them to sleep, it was on a king sized bed--that's safe, right? Nice and big. Amelia bailed onto the concrete and hit a nightstand or something on the way down. She's got a black eye. She's not a black guy. (Say it out loud and it will make sense, but you still won't get it because it is a private joke.)

Anyway, the weather was great, if not a little chilly. The work on the bed and breakfast continues (at 7 in the morning while we were trying to sleep in it). It will be great when it is up and running. I hope all of you who are remotely interested in Midwest LDS Church History vacations stop there in the future. Check the Far West Missouri link on the right for more info.

Like I said, we went horseback riding, played with the donkey, fed the pig, collected and ate eggs from the chickens (2 1/2 dozen deviled eggs for Thanksgiving), shot skeet--or tried, played Mexican Train dominoes, ate, made food, ate, made food, ate, wandered on 40 acres, made trips "to town" took turns babysitting, and hung out with Aunt Marissa, Grandma, and Grandpa.

Oh yeah, we went to see Twilight. That was just for the five of us who have read the book, but have not already seen it. (Grandma and Grandpa went to the midnight showing on opening.) The theater itself was a big part of the experience. It is such a small town that the movie theater is a corrugated metal warehouse with used seats from some other theater that had long since outgrown them. There were only two bathroom stalls made from 2x4's and pressed board (the not even plywood stuff.) It only took about 10 minutes in the theater to get used to the smell of urine--that or I just began to subconsciously think of the tiny town of Forks as a stinky place. As far as the movie itself, I didn't like Edward at all. He is unique looking, and acted well enough, but he's totally not my kind of gorgeous.

The movie stuck really close to the book, so if you like the book, you should like the movie. For a low budget, independent film it was great. I wish they had spent a little more money on getting a really good makeup artist. That may have been half of my problem with Edward. Anyway, it was fun going with Lexi, Emylie, and Marissa. Mostly, I loved being with my husband. It is so rare for us to be able to do things together. I love him. Speaking of which, he is still on his way home, and I am not quite ready for his arrival.

Hope you didn't miss me too much while I was gone. Good to be back with y'all.

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

Sounds like a fun time.--With the exception af the nasty sounding theater.

Black eyes on little ones bring back flashbacks of Autumn's cellulitis scare. She got a black eye and then a cold and it gave her a nasty infection around her eyes. She was in the hospital a few days. I probably told you about that before. So I cringe but I am sure your baby will be fine. Poor thing.

My girls still are not interested in the Twilight stuff at all.