Saturday, October 11, 2008

5 Quirky Things About Me

1. It's what's on the inside that counts. I am not good at keeping my house tidy--putting shoes away, finishing laundry, making kids pick up, vacuuming, I almost never dust or do windows, but I always put everything in my cabinets and drawers exactly the same way--well, I'm not as meticulous with my closet, but all pans, canned goods, silverware, dishes etc are stacked the same way, rotated by date and predictably positioned.

2. I walk very close to the walls in hallways and on stairs and take a longer path in rooms, walking where most people don't in an attempt to even out foot traffic wear on floors

3. I could eat frosted mini-spooners (yeah, the Malt-O-Meal version) every morning for the rest of my life--with 15- 20 in the bottom of the bowl, frosted side up with the heaviest frosting in the back so that I can eat the best last. All cereal I eat holding the bowl tipped forward so the milk doesn't get on the cereal in the back until just before I eat it so that the last bite has the same moisture/consistency as the first bite. I eat several small bowls rather than one big soggy bowl. If the phone rings after I have poured the milk, they will have to leave a message.

4. I am such a cheapskate (from years of poverty) that I will rework furniture dozens of times in an attempt to redecorate. Design on a Dime has a $1,000 budget? Holy Cow, I don't think I have ever spent more than $200 on a room. It's all hand-me-downs and throw-aways renewed with an occcasional clearance bedding, drape, or rug, unless I find $1 a yard fabric I like and make it myself. Paint is magic.

5. I pray kneeling on my bed with my fanny up and my head on the pillow like a Muslim because of years of having a top bunk.

That's what I get for catching up on everybody else's blogs, I get tagged. Now I tag Kim, Dove, Marla, Consie, and Dee.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

oh MAN!! I don't know that I can come up with 5 things. I will have to start thinking.

Glad your back

The Woodward Family said...

Kay, I did it...check out the 5 things about me.

Yamaha Drummer said...

Janika was holding back... She has WAAAAAAYYYYY more than five things, but each of them make her that much more adorable... and take that much more of my sanity