Saturday, October 18, 2008

No Pictures

I had a couple of pictures I was going to post, but I got them off my camera-or tried-and they weren't there.

I had the kids this weekend. We visited the old neighborhood. Claire and Emylie went to the mall with our old neighbor Sybil. She doesn't have any kids of her own, and is not expecting that she will ever be able to, so she likes to spoil other people's children.

Mike went to help his friend, Cash, put an engine back in his car. We thought the boys would be able to play with their old friends, but no one was home. We went over to Scott and Arren's house to hang out. Isaac and I did tanagram puzzles (love them)and were trying to get Andrew interested, but he wasn't biting. The babies crawled around on the nice, soft shag carpet and occasionally had to be steered away from the cat dish. Isaac and Emylie had to get back right away because they had a mini-youth conferences, because they are just mini-youth. They are at a dance right now. They will be back around ten-thirty. I am excited for them.

Mike is still working on the car. So it has been just Claire and Andrew and I with the babies. It has been kind of nice. I helped Andrew build a Hot Wheels city with our many road pieces, and I cut his hair.

Claire was out on the trampoline while I was cutting Andrew's hair, and since we are far enough out of the city that you can see a few stars, she was asking about constellations and I showed her a couple. I love my kids so much. There is always so much that I want to do with them, but I hardly ever end up doing anything at all with them. I love them all so much.

Also, if you had given up on checking Mike or Lexi's blog, they have been better lately. I put another letter on Lay Family History and did a post on my visit to Kirksville in case anyone was looking for some extra reading.

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Glad you got to enjoy your kids for the time you had them!

Arizona Arnolds said...

So fun to have the kids. I am glad Andrew was a little bored, cause I am pretty sure that is when he called ME! I called him back and we had a cute talk. Your girls have also been good about texting me every couple of days since our summer trip and I love the connection with my nieces and nephews!