Thursday, November 29, 2007

Are We Done Yet?

I think I have reached term pregnancy size. I am 31 weeks, which means I have at least 7 weeks to grow. I don't know how such things are possible. My trepidation about my ability to support the growth of two babies inside my body keeps me from enjoying the experience I am having. I just don't know how much more uncomfortable things will get. Sleeping is becoming extremely difficult and requires an increasing number of pillows. I hardly slept two nights ago because Lefty was kicking my ribs all night.

I am still working six hours a day, but I am still not as tired when I get home as I was the first trimester. I just hurt more. I have gained 23 lbs and my ankles are swollen. The kids are doing a pretty good job, though of helping out and being aware that I have to do less and they have to do more.

I am at the library, and I need to eat dinner--which means make it. Till next time.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

I remember that part of pregnancy more than more comfortable gently moving times. Kelsea was claustrophobic in the womb so she was really angry all the time when she ran out of room. When it is like that, every day you are pregnant feels like forever, of course some of my strongest kids didn't want to come out on their own. I wish I only gained 20 to 30 pounds with one kid, good greif, you should be gaining more than that with 2!

Anonymous said...

Hey Janika, Congrats on the twins.. They are hard work but as my sister can tell you, they are a joy to have also. They are also a joy for the whole family. I read your husband's blog when the sonogram was done, he is too funny. I wish yall the best. We are sending lots of love and hugs your way. Take care, Georgia...

Janika said...

Georgia and Jessica,
Welcome! I am glad to see you visiting me. Miss y'all