Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Pain

Monday at work was awful. I kept having pains and contractions. I was concerned that I was going to have to stop working soon. I went home and laid down the rest of the evening. I was not able to sleep at all that night. Nothing was comfortable. Tuesday at work was much better, and I slept well last night, for the most part. I did have a dream that one of my left ribs was broken and sticking out, so I pulled it out like one would an underwire that was malfunctioning. I did wake up to a very sharp pain there.

Mike is on week two of having his car all torn apart. It has consumed him. There is little time for anything else. He has been in a lot of pain for one reason or another; whether its smashed fingers or aching muscles. He is having to take me to and from work so that he has a vehicle to fetch any unexpected parts in while he is working. He thinks he has everything he needs now. He has new tie rods, shocks, breaks, springs, rebuilt calipers, and whatever else attaches to any of those things, plus a new clutch master cylinder. We have probably spent about a thousand dollars in parts, but the labor that we are not paying for would amount to at least another $4,000. Our friends Cash and Scott have contributed to the labor, or Mike would probably have another week of work to do, and he would have had to buy a great many more tools and tidbits. We still need to get an alignment not that all of those components have been replaced, and are in great need of at least 3 new tires.

All of it has been no source of stress for me. Mike is strung out, but I am excited for him. I guess the timing couldn't really be better, since he is out of work. There is no way he could have done all this if he had his job.

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Sounds like the whole bottom of his car must have rusted out. That is a lot to have to replace at once. Might have been cheaper to get a new car after that. Hope it all runs like a champ when he gets done.

Janika said...

He found a great deal on a car today that would have only cost a few hundred more than what we have spent on this. It is another BMW that has immense value because of its rarity. But it is too late for our bank account.