Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Saints Day

All Hallows eve is done. Today used to be the holiday that was focused on. I guess that was when a much higher percentage of the population was Catholic.

Emylie went Trick-or-treating with a couple of friends last night as some sort of princess. Her dad bought her a costume wig, but it is really uncomfortable and she doesn't like it, but her new everyday wig that we ordered showed up yesterday. She is really excited about it. Today she is wearing it to school for the first time. We'll see how the kids at school respond to it today, and how she responds to them.

I walked around the block last night with the other three. The neighbor kid, Vuk and his little sister Ani (short for something-they are Polish or Russian or something) came along with us. Claire was a Gypsi with a black wig. Isaac and Andrew and Vuk were dressed in camo as some sort of military unit. Isaac kept giving drill commands and marched them between the houses.

Somebody "Boo'd" us (ding-dong-ditch) a couple of nights ago, but Mike and I were not here, and before we got back, the kids had eaten all the candy they gave us. So last night, everyone was required to dump out their bags for "inspection." They were told to give us anything they didn't like. After that, we were free to take anything that WE liked from what they had left. The bowl that was left on our porch is now full of things to satisfy adult-only sweet-tooths.

Tomorrow I have the day off because I asked for it, so I am going to go apply for medicaid because I really need to see a doctor. It's not the doctor I need to see, it is what is in my belly that I need to see. I am just barely six months along. I have now passed into the third trimester, but I look like I should deliver in the next three weeks. My fundal measurements continue to be ahead by several weeks, and the activity in my belly continues unabated. Either the child has ADHD already, or they just like playing with each other.

I am having more spurts of sore ribs where the bones and cartilage are stressed by the pressure of baby living and growing there, which I have not experienced before.

Time for work again.

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

I make each kid give me 2 pcs of the candy I like, just because. I brought them into the world,and if they don't learn how to share and make mom happy, I can take them out...

Janika said...

I took a lot more than two pieces because I walked my pregnant but around the block with them and made sure they had costumes. They stinkin owe me. Besides, when do we get free candy (besides something hard and tasteless on the desk of our insurance agent)?