Sunday, November 11, 2007

Big Transition

Emylie got her certificate of achievement from the Bishop today to advance to Young Women's just before the primary program. Isaac was the only one who did not participate in the primary program today, but next year, only 3 kids will be in it.

Lexi and Emylie both went to YW today after my class. I have one more student who will turn 12 in a month. After January, I will have no students in my class, so I will be able to attend the adult classes. I took Emylie, Lexi, and Isaac to a fireside tonight. I have three children over the age of 12. Three. And two in my belly who will not go to youth activities for a long time. Just strange to think.

It is funny how pals-y Emylie and Lexi have been this weekend. Lexi had a bunch of things going on with her mom on Saturday and Emylie kept asking when she was going to be here. Their friend, Megan was here part of the time, and they all got along fine--including Claire. It was supposed to be the weekend of Emylie's big birthday party, but she wanted to keep it small. Because it was so late before Mikey and Lexi got here, we didn't have cake until 10 pm. The only present there was to open was an MP3 player, but she had gotten the wig and a nice set of leather bound scriptures the week before, so she actually got a REALLY nice birthday.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

you said 2 in your belly... is that an announcement????

Janika said...

There's just not much room to doubt anymore (and not much room for me to stretch, it would seem). Even Mike admits now, that I am not like other pregnant women of my gestational time. I go to the Doctor on Thurs and have an ultrasound on Monday.

Melanie said...

i can't wait to find out!!

Kim and family said...

So I guess your next vehicle will need to resemble a bus, huh? At least you will have lots of helpers and everyone won't have to share one baby if that is case.
If it's not twins I guess it will be one good sized baby. I have a half brother that was 12 pounds!! Can you imagine? I thought my brother Matt was big at 10lbs 9ozs. I had another brother that was bigger.
Let us know what happens.