Saturday, November 03, 2007

Whaddaya think?


I am at 27 weeks, which marks the end of my second trimester, making me (newly) 6 months pregnant. A lady came into BB&B two days ago, who was due 2 days after me, and we were very close in size. She has been to the doctor, and is definitely expecting twins.

Did you know that your chances of having a multiple pregnancy double when you are over 35? I continue to experience significant movement in my belly. I have felt a heel right up at my diaphragm and tickled it. However, I have a really hard time distinguishing what is what. The most dramatic movement occurs on my right side.

If it is twins, one baby is facing out (the one on the right) and the other baby has its back against my belly and its limbs toward my back. It just seems like I am getting nudged from a hundred different directions.


I definitely sense the urgency of seeing a doctor now. I took the day off work yesterday so I could apply for Medicaid. UGH! I had #317. They were on number 269 when I came in. I was there for 3 hours and they were on 279. THEN I find out that I can just leave my filled out application (that I got online and filled out at home) in the box for them to review and they would call me for an appointment in 7-14 days. If I had known that, I would have done it 2 weeks ago just after work. I was expecting to have to sit in a waiting room. If I had stayed and waited the six hour minimum I still would have had to come back for an appointment.

As much as I wanted to stay in a room with mothers talking about Child Protective Services in relation to their addictions and overweight smelly people crowding the chair next to me, I had to get the van back to Mike so he could take the kids out to Matt so that I could get a ride to be at the church by 6:30 for our warm-ups for the 7:30 performance. Yes, I left.

I will not wait 7-14 days, however, until I contact doctors and make an appointment, since Medicaid can be retroactively applied up to 3 months.

Baby just woke up. I love playing with my baby. Where it kicks, I push on the spot with the same rhythm and it pushes back. I have never had a baby respond like that. It is amazing.

By the way, you haven't seen my hair yet. It is 2 months longer than it was. My hair has not been growing very fast, though. I just went 2 weeks without shaving my legs, and it was hardly noticeable.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man. You look so cute.

I must not have seen you in a LONG time. Like a long time.

I totally never noticed, when we came over last week, how BIG you are.

The better to give birth with, my dear...

How exciting it would be for me if you had twins! I'm just selfish like that. But you know that I will help out as much as I can!

Melanie said...

you look so good! you'll have to let us know if you find out you are having twins! how exciting.

Kim and family said...

I hope you see a doctor soon and it is not as hard as the medicaid office to get in. I have never liked the Texas hospital policies when you have a baby. They are years behind the rest of the country. You just tell the doctors office that takes medicaid that you are pending and they won't harrass you for payment. So just hurry up and find out what's up in your belly. That's always easier said than done right?

The Woodward Family said...

When is the due date exactly?

Unknown said...

I think it's triplets! By the way you were breathing on the phone Sunday!