Saturday, November 17, 2007

FAQ's

Are you far enough along to find out the babies' sexes? Yes

I am 29 weeks. As long as the baby is positioned well, the sex can be determined at 20 weeks.

Do we want to know the babies' sexes? Yes.

Because we have a nice "bottoms up" situation, it should be pretty easy to determine the sexes at my in-depth ultrasound on Monday. I went to Babies R Us to update my registry today and added multiple sets of both boy and girl clothes. When I find out, I will delete the unnecessary clothing.

Can the doctor tell you if they are they identical or fraternal? Yes and no.

They can only rule out identical if they are male and female, or confirm identical if they are sharing a placenta sac. However, if they are the same sex and in a different sac, we may not even be certain if they are identical or fraternal after they are born. However, I expect that they will be identical, because of family history, and I was certainly not in fertility therapy.

When is the due date? Jan. 29th

All of my other children came two weeks late, so until I knew it was twins, I told people I was due in early February. Realizing that they usually come early, I am now telling people I am due the end of January. However, Mom said she carried the twins to full term and her singles were late like mine. So, rather than have them at 42 weeks, I will have them at 38-40 (January 15th-29th), despite the fact that the majority of twins deliver by 37 weeks.

How long are you going to work? I don't know.
I expect to be on bedrest (on orders, or voluntarily). I may be able to hang in there long enough to be of help up until Christmas Day. If I make it that far, I will certainly stop there. After that, I expect to return to being an at-home mom. There is just no value in working for 8.25/hour when I have a baby to care for. That is enough to pay for daycare and taxes, while still putting us in a higher bracket so that we are sure not to qualify for earned income credit. Not enough families realize those implications.

I will be looking at some dance/music teaching opportunities for a little extra here and there, where I can bring my babies along. Hopefully they will be content babies. I doubt they could be as easy and content as Andrew.

The answer to the unaskable question. Yes, I will be breastfeeding.

Any other questions?

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

This week looks to be another crazy busy one so I may not get to post a comment but I will be looking for results of Mondays ultrasound so here is my comment ahead of time-That is so exciting!! Actually I am excited to know how this will change your perfect 3 and 3 dynamic. Happy HallothanksgivChristmas.-my new name for this time of year. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed that you have made it this far without crashing.

Can you teach me how to do that, when I have kids?

PS I think you are adorable!