Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall Festival

Last night was the ward fall party. There was an adult costume contest. I went as a pregnant lady, but that is because Mike wasn't going for my couple costume idea of me being Bruce Banner and him being the Hulk. Okay, so we didn't dress up at all because we didn't have a spare minute to do anything.

I did 10 loads of laundry, got groceries, made waffles for breakfast and even made lunch for everybody, made chili for the carnival and cupcakes for the cake walk. Mike was busy taking his car apart. He finally has nearly all the parts and pieces he ordered for rebuilding his brakes, suspension, and drive shaft. It will be out of commission for a few days while he gets all his work done.

Today we began rehearsal for the primary program, but could not run through it in the chapel because another ward was in there. It was just the singles ward. Don't know why they can't skip sacrament meeting for a week or two. Maybe they could have Sacrament meeting at the park. Singles love that kind of stuff. That, or next week when we do our run though the single adults, who miss the opportunity of a primary program could have us "bring the spirit through the hearts of children." Yeah, our practice should be their Sacrament Meeting!

Being our first week of run-through, it was the usual madhouse. It looks like it will be an awful program, but experience tells me that the kids will be fine.

I've been teaching the 11-year-old girls for a year now. That is the longest I have held a calling in a long time. Probably because I don't like it that much. I love my girls--for the most part that literally means "my girls"--but I don't feel like I have put much effort into lessons and preparation. I absolutely loved my calling as the primary choirister, and I only got to do that for 4 months. It was long enough to be part of a killer Primary Presentation.

This is my last week of two choir practices. I have ward choir in 20 minutes. I missed the one before sacrament this morning that would have been a nice warm-up for our ward conference special music, but I did not feel in any way like getting out of bed this morning after all I did yesterday. I have Stake choir tonight at 7, then next week is the cantata, which should be really nice.

I have to leave now.

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

That is my favorite age to teach! Our program went off this past Sunday. It was the first time in a few years I wasn't a part of it. Most of the music they sang this year I didn't know. There was maybe one or two songs they did that I liked. It was the song choices this year not the kids that I didn't care for much.
Happy Halloween!