Sunday, October 14, 2007

Off to the Races

Yesterday we went with our friend, Cash, his granddaughters, and a few other people to the drag races. Lexi and Mikey had fun for a little while, but then complained about being bored. The boys came back with a bit of a sunburn. That pretty much filled up our day.

When we got home, Mike started working on his talk for today. His topic was Following the Prophet. This is the first time he has been asked to give a talk since he was able to be classed as a youth speaker. He ended up going into work before he was able to finish, so I took dictation for him and helped him with revisions and stuff while he was driving to and from work. We make a good team. It was a great talk and he delivered it well. What I liked best about it, is that it was powerful, succinct, and the meeting ended five minutes early.

I went to choir practice this morning before church, but only the accompanist, director, and one other person showed up. We were not able to go over our special number that we were on the program for, so the other lady and I did an impromptu special musical number of "Come listen to a prophet's voice." We only had enough time before the meeting to decide on the song and give the first verse a shot. It turned out fine, of course.

Now I have to get ready to meet Matt for the kid exchange, get back in time for Isaac to go to the regional youth fireside with President Dahlquist, YM General President, and then to my stake choir practice.

"There is an hour of peace and rest"--somewhere in all that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I should have know you helped Mike with his talk. It was great! Good job to the both of you.

Perhaps more people should take a few years off from giving talks.

:)

Melanie said...

I am glad some of the clothes worked for you. Having something I was at least a little excited to wear helped me during pregnancy. I got your cell phone number, so I will try to give you a call. Have a great day!!

Unknown said...

Make sure you are having someone take profile pictures of that belly. This may be the LAST one!

Devanie

Yamaha Drummer said...

Devanie...
Let's get this very, very clear. No "Maybe" about it, this is the last one! My sanity depends on it.