Thursday, October 18, 2007

Neck knots

I'm feeling a little tense. I took more than a third of the money I have been saving for our Disney vacation to cover expenses for Mike's car, which is not driving safely at all right now. Fortunately, that is only half of what it would be if he wasn't so skilled at his own labor--or he would not be getting it fixed right now.

Just as my savings is dramatically reduced, Mike's company pulls his contract and we are left, once again, jobless. However, he has an interview today with a company where he is becoming very well-known. I will not give any details because in the past that seemed to jinx things.

If things work out with this company, we will have the medical benefits we so desperately need. If it does not, I am now able to qualify for medicaid, so there is always a positive. In the long run, somehow, there will be more positives than negatives. In the present tense, (there's that word again) I have knots in my neck.

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

When it rains, it pours...right? I feel for you, same things seems to be happening to Jason and I. Just when we get a bill paid off, something else hits us...like the starter on my Suburban is going...and every time we take a wall apart in our house, we uncover a "rats nest" we didn't expect that ends us costing us more time and money...ugh...darn old home...

Anyways, go take a nice long hot bath with some candles burning and take care of you.

♥Lexi Luee♥ said...

Hey Janika it's Lexi and I was just letting you know I have a blogspot now it is....
http://lexisblueberry.blogspot.com/


Anybody can get on it..if I know you... please leave comments!

Kim and family said...

That's too bad about the job. But good with the hlep with the babay and too bad about the stress level. I know all too well what those neck knots feel like. Take care!

Kim and family said...

I do know how to spell. I think my fingers are getting type happy. And some fingers are better at it than others. Oh well. Have a better day!