Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gaining

Did I say how I gained four pounds in the hospital? I ate 3 big meals a day. I would be a heavier person if I was interested in putting the effort into preparing food. Did I tell you that my thyroid results came back normal? I got so skinny so fast after the babies because I never got fat with the babies. All I gained was 12+ pounds of baby and fluid--to include the fluid in my ankles.

More importantly than my gaining, the babies are gaining. Amelia has caught up with Anastasia. They both have a double chin now.

This is what my yard looked like when it snowed.

Here are some pictures of the babies over the past 3 weeks. Claire took this picture of Amelia before they went to the hospital.





This is both of them the day I brought Anastasia home. Amelia is in the foreground and is obviously not well. It would be one more day before she was admitted.







This is Anastasia while Amelia was in the hospital.









This is Amelia the day before she came home from the hospital. (Same day as the previous picture.)









This is Amelia today doing well and strong. They can control their neck and back enough to sit with only their hands being held.

Anastasia. Whachu talkin' about Willis?









Side by side comparison.




4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

I'm so glad they are both doing well. And I'm glad you put some weight on, it makes the rest of us feel better, especially those who still have baby weight, even 7 years later...

Kim and family said...

Cute pictures of the babies. Glad to hear everyone is doing much better.

Maryanne said...

Very nice. everyone is beautiful. They look great. and i hate you for being thin. Thanks for postin the pictures.

Unknown said...

Even after their sicknesses I see the chub coming though! Great feeding jans! Keep it up!