Friday, March 21, 2008

Feeding Time

The twins are nine weeks old now. I don't know how much longer they will be breastfed babies. I really don't want to buy formula in bulk--massive bulk, but having the babies in the hospital made a difficult situation even worse.

I pumped with the hospital's machine, which was great, while I was there. When Mike was at the hospital, I had the other baby at home, so essentially I was doing one-baby production. Now that they are doing better, they are also demanding more. They want 5 or six ounces per feeding, and they want it every 2-3 hours.

My soreness had gone away, but it is back with avengance. I would rather feed Amelia exclusively and go bottle with Anastasia because Amelia is gentler. What's sad is that I would rather pump than have those hard little jaws pulling and latching and releasing. I want to give up, but I am still hanging in there.

Now that they are getting more formula Anastasia is sleeping for up to seven hours at a time and Amelia is maxing out at five hours. Now I just need to adjust it so that the5-7 hours ends at 6:30 AM when I have to get the other kids up for school.

No comments: